Based on the open-source RFID emulator ChameleonMini: https://github.com/emsec/ChameleonMini.
ChameleonMini Rev.G. now comes with our custom clear polycarbonate enclosure.
The credit-card sized ChameleonMini Rev.G is a versatile tool for practical NFC and RFID security analysis, compliance and penetration tests, and various end-user applications. The freely programmable platform can create perfect clones of various existing commercial smartcards, including cryptographic functions and the Unique Identifier (UID). It can be employed to assess security aspects in RFID and NFC environments in different attack scenarios, such as replay or relay attacks, state restoration attacks, sniffing of NFC communication, or functional tests of RFID equipment. New firmware for the ChameleonMini can be comfortably uploaded via a USB bootloader. A convenient, human-readable command set allows to configure its behavior and update the settings and content of up to eight internally stored, virtualized contactless cards. During battery-powered stand-alone operation, the integrated buttons and LEDs enable user interaction and feedback.
The ChameleonMini firmware can be configured and uploaded via USB to emulate a passive NFC device (e.g. a contactless card), act as an active NFC device (e.g. an RFID reader), sniff the communication (i.e. monitor the bits on the RF interface), and log the communication (during emulation and sniffing). The ChameleonMini can be interfaced with standard terminal software, via the command line, or controlled by user-written scripts and applications. The modular firmware structure allows for easy expandability to other not yet supported cards and standards. Various functions and settings can be assigned to the buttons and LEDs. Card contents can be easily uploaded and downloaded via USB using X-MODEM.
Features of the ChameleonMini:
- Firmware support for ISO14443A Codec (emulation and reader)
- Firmware support for Mifare Classic 1K and 4K emulation (4 and 7-byte UID)
- Firmware support for Mifare Ultralight emulation
- Hardware support for ASK modulation (Both 10% and 100%) to cover almost any card standard available
- Hardware support for ASK and BPSK load modulation using a subcarrier
- Modular firmware structure allows for easy expandability of other cards and standards
- Support for quick and reliable firmware update via Atmel DFU bootloader, thus programming hardware is required only once
- Can be controlled using a fully documented AT-like command set via CDC using the LUFA USB stack
- Up to eight virtualized cards with a size of up to 8 kB per card can be stored in the non-volatile memory of ChameleonMini
- Card contents can be easily uploaded and downloaded by means of the command line and X-MODEM
- UID of ISO14443A cards can be obtained easily in reader mode
- ChameleonMini can be interfaced with standard terminal software as well as user written scripts and applications
In The Box: 1x ChameleonMini, 1x 3ft Micro USB Cable, 1x LIR2032 Lithium Battery
Dimensions: 111.0 mm (L) x 53.0 mm (W) x 5.8 mm (H)
Weight: 20 g
Operating Frequency: 13.56 MHz
Operating Distance: Up to 60 mm
Firmware: Available on Github (note that the ChameleonMini Rev.G is delivered with test firmware only)
- Hardware Version: Rev.G
Manufacturer: Kasper & Oswald GmbH
Made In: China
Below is a quick comparison of the ChameleonMini RevE-2 and Rev.G
|| ChameleonMini RevE-2
||Up to 30 mm
|| Up to 60 mm